Saturday 6 July 2013

Review: The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen


The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen
The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen by Syrie James

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I've always loved Syrie James' works, although I only had a chance in reading the Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen and a chapter in that book about Charlotte Bronte. This book had started me in high hopes that I will find this one equally interesting and gripping and I haven't been mistaken.

The Missing Manuscript of Jane Austen is a novel within a novel. Samantha, a librarian in a university in L.A., bought a book where she found a missing letter of Jane Austen to her sister Cassandra while on a holiday in England. There she discovered about the missing manuscript in Greenbriar, an old manor house in Devon, and set off to a quest to find the manuscript. Off went the whirlwind of adventure, the handsome English guy who proved to be the redeemed hero after all, and a proven love between the both of them.

I enjoyed both plotlines, The Stanhopes and Samantha and Anthony's. Both were gripping romances in such a way that it reminded me of Jane Austen's works. In fact every time I read James' works on Jane Austen, I find it hard to distinguish who did what because she had it written down in a great manner that captures your mind as if you were reading a true Austen work. James had just successfully made my heart fonder for all things Austen.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment