Wednesday 10 April 2013

Review: Extreme Exposure


Extreme Exposure
Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I found myself reading contemporary romance and adult fiction lately and my innate tendency to be partial to series had been the reason why I found this story.

Kara McMillan, an investigative reporter of environmental problems and a single mother, had come across a messy transaction between pollution brought by a company working behind corrupt politicians and greedy businessmen that led to health problems, attempted and successful murder, betrayal, and even love. Yes, love. Kara not only met the news that would take her career a level higher and would save lives, but Miss McMillan also met the handsome as hell Senator Reece Sheridan who keeps her bed warm and gives the emotional support of a father to her son better than the biological father did.

It was a smoldering connection between them and a thrilling chase between the facts. I actually worry about reading investigative stories because it made my mind ache with piercing the puzzle together, oh and the addiction that it brought to my senses once I started reading, but this one called to me. It made my head hurt and I couldn't stop reading it, but it was so worth it.

Clare's writing made me imagine not a sappy love story, though some parts did, but it was more of a detective show, like Criminal Minds without the gory details. She was descriptive enough but you never leave the feeling that what you're reading is part-journalistic. It was a fiction and news-writing in one. It was a good combination. There was the emotion and detachment but there's the struggle between two. It never hurts anyone, well but Kara and Reece at one point.

This story is addicting, exciting and touches the heart of tree-huggers. ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment