Sunday 14 April 2013

Review: Naked Edge


Naked Edge
Naked Edge by Pamela Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I didn't expect something very culturally sensitive from the I-team series but I guess I should have expected it.

Kat James, a Navajo woman, was the new environmental reporter, taking over Kara McMillan's position in the elite I-Team. Despite being in Denver, she was still very much in-touch with her homeland's culture. Along the way, she discovered the malicious abuse done to the land of her ancestors, of the old Native Americans in Mesa Butte. With the help of Gabe Rossiter, park ranger whose skill was way beyond Spider-Man himself, they discovered the tangled web of lies, betrayal and culture-abuse, all the way finding love with each other's arm.

I love it very much, thus the 5 stars. It was, like I said, very culture sensitive. Clare had given justice on the laws and abuse that happened protecting the natives and their land in what the so-called superior race tried to own. In a world where globalization and modernization happens faster than a blink of an eye, this piece showed what most of us have forgotten, the role of culture in society and the over-all balance of the world. Plus add, the innocent yet steaming and wild romance between James and Rossiter.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment